Medigap Plan K
Medigap Plan K is a Medicare Supplement plan that partially covers certain out-of-pocket expenses. While not as comprehensive as the preceding gap policies, it does limit yearly out-of-pocket expenses.
What is covered?
Medigap Plan K covers:
- 100% of Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs, up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used
- 50% of Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- 50% of first 3 pints of blood
- 50% Part A Hospice coinsurance or copayment
- 50% Skilled Nursing Facility coinsurance
- Covers 50% of Part A deductible
Additionally, Plan K limits the out-of-pocket expenses you can expect to pay. In 2020, that limit is $5,880.
What is not covered?
Medigap Plan K is a Medicare Supplement Plan that partially covers many out-of-pocket expenses. It does not cover the Part B deductible, the Part B excess costs, or foreign travel emergency coverage.
ENTER YOUR INFORMATION FOR YOUR FREE QUOTE
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.