Medigap Plan F
Medigap Plan F offers the most benefits out of all of the Medigap policy plans. It is also unique from the other plans because it also offers a high deductible plan in some states. The high deductible option is different and is reviewed in more detail here. Like Plan C, Plan F is also not available to those who were not eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020.
What is covered?
Medigap Plan F covers:
- 100% of Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs, up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used
- 100% of Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- 100% of first 3 pints of blood
- 100% Part A Hospice coinsurance or copayment
- 100% Skilled Nursing Facility coinsurance
- Covers 100% of Part A deductible
- Covers 100% of Part B deductible
- Covers 100% of Part B excess charges
- 80% of coverage for foreign travel emergency
Why is Plan F not available?
While Plan F is not available to people who were newly eligible for Medicare as of January 1, 2020, it may be available for those who were eligible for Medicare prior to that date. This is because Plan F covers the Part B deductible, which was eradicated by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) of 2015.
Enter Your Information for Your Free Quote
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.