Medigap Plan C
Medigap Plan C is the third Medigap policy option and covers more than Plan A and Plan B. It is important to note that Plan C is not available to those who were not eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020.
What is covered?
Medigap Plan C covers:
- 100% of Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs, up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used
- 100% of Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- 100% of first 3 pints of blood
- 100% Part A Hospice coinsurance or copayment
- 100% Skilled Nursing Facility coinsurance
- Covers 100% of Part A deductible
- Covers 100% of the Part B deductible
- 80% of coverage for foreign travel emergency
What is not covered?
While Plan C is not available to newly eligible Medicare enrollees, it is a comprehensive plan that some consumers are still enrolled in. However, it does not cover Part B excess charges.
While Plan C is not available to people who were newly eligible for Medicare as of January 1, 2020, it may be available for those who were eligible for Medicare prior to that date. This is because Plan C covers the Part B deductible, which was eradicated by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) of 2015.
Enter Your Information for Your Free Quote
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.